SA Financial Intermediary Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SA Financial Intermediary Forum

A Forum available for Intermediaries to raise, debate and source answers to any questions

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to the Intermediary Forum...please feel free to view, post and reply on any of the discussion topics. Registered members of the forum can download attachments and will receive mail correspondence, where and when relevant, on the various discussion topics.

RE Exam Material fron LexisNexis - Fanews 29 July 2011

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Forum Admin
Admin

RE Exam Material fron LexisNexis - Fanews 29 July 2011 Empty
PostSubject: RE Exam Material fron LexisNexis - Fanews 29 July 2011   RE Exam Material fron LexisNexis - Fanews 29 July 2011 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Book review: Legislation Handbook and Preparation Guide for the Regulatory Exams 2nd edition just released

Ensure you have the MOST UPDATED and COMPREHENSIVE reference material for the regulatory exams
All the relevant legislation and board notices which the FSB expect representatives and KI's to have studied in order to pass the level 1 regulatory exams are now available in one comprehensive Legislation Handbook for just R130 ex vat. The information has been sourced from the LexisNexis database which is updated daily by a team of editors who review all the government notices and incorporate all changes into the principle legislation. In addition, we have obtained permission from the FSB to include other relevant documents such as their practical guides and guidance notes which assist the user to understand the complex legislation.

Experienced FAIS Trainer Paul Rabenowitz and Author Lee Rossini have also compiled a Preparation Guide which maps the knowledge criteria (published in Board Notice 105 of 2008, Annexure 1 - sections 1 and 4) to the relevant pages of the Legislation Handbook. For just R50 this is an invaluable guide for all reps and key individuals. An example appears below:

Task 1: Execute the required actions as a representative, in terms of the FAIS Act.
What you must study: Knowledge Criteria
Knowledge Criteria Skill Criteria Acts and Regulations Code of Conduct Board Notices, Guidance Notes, Examples & other References Handbook page №
Describe the roles, respon-sibilities and requirements regarding re-presentatives as defined in the FAIS Act. Apply knowledge of the role of the representative in terms of the FAIS Act. FAIS Act: s 1(1): Def of intermediary service, representative, s 1(3)(b), s 7(3), s 8(1)(a) & (b), s 13(1) & (2), s 36(d)FAIS Reg: r 3, r 18 BN: 106/2008: s 3(6) GN: Intermediary Services and Representatives 6-8, 12, 13, 17, 29, 35-36, 118, 159-162

Together, the Preparation Guide and the Legislation Handbook provide you with everything you need to know to pass the exams.
Here's what people who bought the 1st edition had to say:
"The Legislation Handbook for the Level 1 Regulatory Exams is an up to date and comprehensive compilation of the relevant legislation and Board Notices applicable to the Level 1 Regulatory Exams and comes highly recommended." Dr Des Leatt (Fit4FAIS).
"I initially bought the [competitors] publication - but found it cumbersome and difficult to learn from. I was pleased to find your publication at the FPI Convention - and used it as study material for my RE exams - which I passed on my first attempt with 82% (reps) and 70% (KI)." Sharon Emmerich
"My business partner and I both sat the KI and REP exams. He chose to study from other sources whereas I only used the LN material. I passed - unfortunately he has to rewrite and will definately be using the LN books this time around!" David Lambert
"This is a great resource – probably the best out there." Tam Newdigate (Nedgroup Investments)
To obtain a copy call 031 268 3007, email sarah.wilson@lexisnexis.co.za or click here for an order form.

Kind regards,
LexisNexis Team
Back to top Go down
http://www.altrisk.co.za

RE Exam Material fron LexisNexis - Fanews 29 July 2011
Page 1 of 1